Tuesday, July 4, 2017

How to reduce swelling after orthopedic surgery in San Diego - Testimonial Tuesday

Reducing Swelling in knee and leg 

after orthopedic operation in San Diego


by Kathleen Lisson, CMT, CLT



Marissa found me several MONTHS after her accident and resulting operations. She was still suffering from swelling in her knee and thigh. This is her testimonial:


I was fortunate enough to have been treated at home with a lymphatic massage last week. I wish I would have known about what this was in the early stages of my recovery. The purpose of lymphatic massage is to stimulate the lymph and interstitial fluid to flow where it’s supposed to go normally. The lymphatic system does not have a pump like the cardiac system. Thus, it relies on muscle movement and contraction, pressure changes, and physical stimulation like massage. 

This specific type of massage decreases swelling after surgery, improves your immune system, flushes out toxins, and helps with pain. It’s very gentle and relaxing, AND it was done in the comfort of my living room! I had never heard of this type of massage before, and if you know anyone recovering after surgery, I highly recommend trying this out.
Marissa Labate, Surgical ICU Nurse, San Diego

Read about Marissa's story on her blog Lipstick and Lifesaving



Video: Can Manual Lymphatic Drainage reduce swelling after an orthopedic injury? 



Please visit my website for more information and to book an appointment (I make housecalls!):http://www/solacesandiego.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ditch the Itch! B Vitamins and Nerves after Plastic Surgery Liposuction

Itchiness is a complaint I hear frequently from my clients recovering from plastic surgery, especially liposuction. This is due to nerve reg...