Friday, September 8, 2017

What book to read for lymphedema?

Top Book for Lymphedema

Book Reviews for 

Swollen, Bloated and Puffy by Kathleen Lisson





Here are a few reviews for the lymphedema / lymphoedema book 

Swollen, Bloated and Puffy :

Ninjas Fighting Lymphedema Foundation 

"We often get overwhelmed with what we should or shouldn't be doing with our lymphatic system. Lymphedema education is a growing trend as the disease is taking the world by storm.

This book has great information about reducing swelling, balancing your lymphatic system, immune system and reducing stress which ALL OF THESE THINGS are not only important to lymphatic patients, but to everyone. Kathleen focuses on a holistic approach for lymphatic care. I personally use this approach in my everyday life.

Kathleen is a Board Certified in Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork and a Certified Lymphedema Therapist."

Lymph Fashion Blog 

"Her guide is a precious jewel for those who are new to managing lymphatic conditions and a great reminder for seasoned veterans! I wish I’d been given this when first diagnosed as a starting point to enable me to learn more about Lymphoedema and how to manage it daily without impacting on my spare time.


Not only does Lisson fill the book with information about Lymphoedema and the lymphatic system, it is full of handy hints and tips to approach conditions from an holistic viewpoint. Better still, she supports this with science and medical research… yes, all noted in her bibliography- great for nerds like me!!

From reading this, I’ve gained so much insight in to what else I could be doing to aid my Lymphoedema"

Find Swollen, Bloated and Puffy on Amazon:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Ditch the Itch! B Vitamins and Nerves after Plastic Surgery Liposuction

Itchiness is a complaint I hear frequently from my clients recovering from plastic surgery, especially liposuction. This is due to nerve reg...