How to Use Meditation for Better Sleep
- Sleep mask, neck pillow and blanket or large scarf
- Smartphone or ipod with headphones
- Meditation app like Insight Timer or downloaded guided meditations (UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness has several)
- Mantra Meditation - this technique has the meditator repeating a phrase silently over and over. The repetition can be very soothing and relaxing.
- Body Scan - this meditation cues the meditator to focus on and relax parts of the body from the head to the feet.
- Yoga Nidra - This type of yoga doesn’t involve movement at all! Instead, the meditator will enter a deep ‘yogic’ sleep.
Kathleen Lisson is a certified Meditation Teacher and Labyrinth Facilitator and teaches Meditation and Mindfulness at IPSB college in San Diego. Sign up for a private meditation lesson in the comfort of your home here: https://www.massagebook.com/San_Diego~Massage~sandiego?src=external