Wednesday, July 6, 2016

My Cancer Journey in Photos - Basal Cell Carcinoma and Actinic Keratosis in San Diego, CA

Post-surgery Basal Cell Carcinoma Scar Photos

By Kathleen Lisson

I was diagnosed with Basal Cell Carcinoma in June 2016 and underwent Mohs surgery about a week later. Today I had my stitches removed. My dermatologist told me I am free to have a facial as long as the esthetician does not go near the scarred area on my cheek. The scar is rather red. I have to keep it lubricated with ointment and not wear sunscreen over it for a week. 


 Photo taken after surgery with stitches underneath steri-strips, 
before I had my actinic keratosis removed on the right side of my nose and my forehead.
Kathleen Lisson
Kathleen Lisson San Diego, CA
Photo taken July 6, the day I had my stitches removed. 

The basal cell carcinoma is barely visible on my face and looked like a pimple on my right cheek directly beneath my iris earlier in June when I finished a half marathon. 


I started today off with meditation and practiced awareness of breath during the removal of the stitches. I am being very kind to myself today and focusing on all the things I am grateful for, including being cancer-free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ditch the Itch! B Vitamins and Nerves after Plastic Surgery Liposuction

Itchiness is a complaint I hear frequently from my clients recovering from plastic surgery, especially liposuction. This is due to nerve reg...