Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Book Review of 108 Pearls to Awaken Your Healing Potential


Book Review of 108 Pearls to Awaken Your Healing Potential 

by Kathleen Lisson, CMT, CLT


I'm a skeptic when it comes to health information.

I've seen big changes in the health and wellness field over the past 30 years. When I was a teenager, our diet information was the four food groups and only registered dieticians were quoted in the media. With the Internet, now people can offer advice as health coaches and nutritionists. Do we have access to better information now? Absolutely yes, but we also have to check the source of that information. As a result, I look for published, peer-reviewed research to back up advice and yes, I still want my health care professional to have a college degree.

The downside - I shut myself off from some potentially valuable information and advice!

When I picked up '108 Pearls to Awaken Your Healing Potential,' I was glad it was authored by San Diego Integrative Cardiologist Dr. Mimi Guarneri. There's some pretty interesting alternative healing-style information, and it made me comfortable that the person writing about it was fully trained in Western medicine. I have met Dr. Gaurneri several times and trust her judgement.

I guess that's what it really comes down to. Trust.

Watch my video review here:

108 Pearls to Awaken Your Healing Potential by San Diego Integrative Cardiologist Dr. Mimi Guarneri. ISBN-10: 1401945775

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ditch the Itch! B Vitamins and Nerves after Plastic Surgery Liposuction

Itchiness is a complaint I hear frequently from my clients recovering from plastic surgery, especially liposuction. This is due to nerve reg...