Dry Brushing for Lymphatic System
What is the science behind dry brushing?
The University of Maryland Medical Center includes dry brushing on it's extensive list of ways to reduce fluid retention. Read more here: http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/condition/edema
Top 5 Tips on how to dry brush:
- Make sure your dry brush has never been used (gotten wet) in the shower or bath. Keep a separate one just for brushing.
- Brush in strokes that follow the pathway of the lymphatic syetem. A good chart is here: http://blog.thetyc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Dry-brush.png
- Dry brush before shower or bed, when skin is dry.
- Don't brush too much! Stop when skin becomes sensitive or turns red.
- Moisturize after you dry brush (after you shower).